Evangelium REVISED EDITION - PowerPoint Presentations on CD-ROM
Evangelium is a resource which enables all parishes to run courses for adults on the Catholic Faith. It offers an excellent grounding in the full panorama of Catholic beliefs. A modular resource, it follows the same division as the Catechism of the Catholic Church into Creed, Sacraments, Morals and Prayer. It is adaptable to different parish situations and can even be led by non-experts when necessary.
View extracts from the Evangelium resource (new Second Edition):
[PDF files; require free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view]
[Image files: can be viewed in your web browser]
- Evangelium PowerPoint slides, Screenshot #1
- Evangelium PowerPoint slides, Screenshot #2
- Evangelium PowerPoint slides, Screenshot #3
How does Evangelium work?
Evangelium delivers the essential elements of Catholic beliefs and practice in concise and stimulating portions, using slide presentations (in PowerPoint®) and illustrated participants' books.
The presentations can be easily led by group leaders whether or not they feel confident in teaching the faith: each module is clearly structured, and the resources offer leaders all the support they will need to present it.
What's new in Evangelium 2nd Edition?
- Presenter's Guide fully re-written: fuller guidance given on Getting Started; excellent assistance now included for responding to difficult questions using model questions and answers.
- CD-ROM now fully Mac- and PC-compatible
- Lesson content in PowerPoint presentations and in the Participant's Book is essentially the same, but the language has been fine-tuned in some places to deliver better the teaching content
Flexible and adaptable to the needs of your parish
- evening courses or study days
- short or long courses
- refresher courses for adults
- confirmation preparation
- marriage preparation
- youth catechesis
- sixth-form students
Communicates Catholic teaching
- content rigorously reviewed by leading theologians
- cross-referenced fully to Scripture, the Catechism and the new Compendium of the Catechism
- a sure and faithful presentation of the riches of the Catholic faith
- beautiful religious art is the focus for each lesson
- attractive, strongly visual slides
- concise, precise wording
- enlightening quotations from Scripture and saints
- suggested further reading and activities for each module
- Participant's Book summarises the presentations, provides references and reinforces learning
Excellent support for the group leader
- new improved Presenter's Guide (see above for details)
- new model answers to difficult questions
- new illustrated Getting Started section
- easy-to-use materials
- clear and structured programme
- tried and tested lessons
- written by experienced catechists
- references to additional resources and activities
- easy-to-use software on CD-ROM
- no additional software required
© Fr Andrew Pinsent. Academic Web Site.